Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
- Option 1: Receive a full refund minus 10% of your tour price
- Option 2: Move your booking to the 2023-24 season without any cancellation fees.
Cancellation between 60 days to your trip start date, the following conditions will apply (normal term and conditions).
– Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before the trip will result in a 50% cancellation fee.
COVID-19 Prevention Measures
・Daily physical condition management, use of masks/ hand sanitizers, washing hands etc
・Each staff will record body temperatures/ fill out a questionnaire everyday.
・Please fill out the questionnaire sent by HBC a week prior to your tour/course. HBC staff will check your body temperature/ ask you to fill out a questionnaire on the day of your tour/course as well.
・If you cannot maintain a distance of 2m or more from other customers/staff during the tour/course, please wear a mask (use of masks is mandatory inside of snowcats).
・Please maintain cleanliness during the tour/course by washing your hands, using hand sanitizers etc.
HBC requires all fees at the time of booking for all trips if booking within 60 days of the trip. If booking in advance of 60 days we will take a non-refundable 25% deposit. We will require the full amount if you are getting an early bird discount.
- Full payment for Shimamaki Snowcats is due by October 15th. Any cancellation after Oct 15 will result in a 100% cancellation fee.
- HBC does not offer refunds on snowcat tours for weather related problems (extreme avalanche condition, torrential rain etc)
- If HBC is asked to find a replacement for the cancelling cat guest, payments will be refunded once the seat is filled with another guest less an administration fee of 25,000yen
- You may sell your cat seat to another guest, but in order for HBC not to charge you the 25,000yen administration fee, you must collect the money directly from the replacement guest. HBC will not be involved in the transaction.
- For Shimamaki private bookings, HBC will only accept payments from one person.
For tours other than Shimamaki skiing, cancellation between 60 and 30 days before the trip will result in a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 30 days of the trip for any reason, including injury, will result in a 100% cancellation fee.
Heli bookings cancelled on our part for reasons of weather or safety qualify for a backup lift assisted tour at Rusutsu for 45,000yen.
Runs not skied in our helicopter program qualify for a refund of 14,000 yen per run for 6-run guests
Additional heli runs will be billed at 17,500 yen per run for 6-run guests.
- For private heli charters, if you only use partial hours, 5000yen per minute will be refunded. On the other hand, if you would like to buy extra minutes, this will cost an additional 5000yen per minute. Additional heli runs will be at 5000yen/minute (one run is roughly 9-12mins hobbs/group of 4)
If we cannot fly at all on your private charter heli day, guided skiing at Rusutsu will be offered. In this case, HBC we will refund 75% (for group of 1- 5 people)/ 65% (for groups of 6 – 12 people) of your payment.
- Back-up skiing at the resort will be offered and is included in the booking feee (maximum 12 lift passes included) .
Heli guests not flying or delayed due to weather will be offered a backcountry / resort / or slackcountry tour with the prospect of flying if the weather changes. Guests can also re-book for the following days if there is availability.
Minimum group numbers apply for all tours. In the case of low numbers, we will attempt to reschedule.
Included in all ski packages is the use of backpack, avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel, as well as avalanche and helicopter safety briefings. If you need an avalanche airbag, please contact Rhythm Summit.
A set menu lunch is included in all heli programs.
We recommend you purchase your own trip cancellation insurance in case you need to cancel for injury or any other unforseen circumstances.
All customers are required to read a release of liability waiver and medical information form before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund.
All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability. All minors must be at least 13 years of age and accompanied by a guardian or parent while on the tour.
HBC reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time, typically due to inclement weather or unsafe backcountry travel conditions.
We ask members to be honest about their skill levels. If you have booked and paid for a trip with HBC, but your skills are insufficient for the trip you have booked, we will try to accommodate you with another program if possible but we will not issue refunds.
You will receive an invoice email with payment instructions via international bank transfer or PayPal credit card. You do not need a PayPal membership to use this credit card service.
Due to service fees, our preferred method for larger transactions is international bank transfer. All bank transfer details are available on your electronic invoice.
If you choose to complete a bank transfer, please ignore any service charge listed on your invoice and only transfer the amount owing on the balance line of your invoice.